Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ready, Play, Score.

Today was a busy and quite successful day. I went to Berlin (roughly 1.5 hours by train) for an informational interview of sorts with a design firm I've been admiring since my early days at the NBM. The partner there was really generous with his time, discussing his background, the design field, design education, and generally sharing his knowledge and expertise with me. And it ended with a quick project -- I'll be writing the foreword for a little publication their producing. It's nothing major, but it's a nice side piece and a way to get connected with the firm. Score!

After arriving home and taking a quick nap, I played tennis with a women's leaugue I'd like to join. There were three other young women there who all played tremendously well. Berry, these are people you would play with! The coach was extremely nice and a good instructor, leading us in several drills and providing quick pointers. I guess it was a try out of sorts...I'd really like to play with them, so keep your fingers crossed that I'll be able to "score" a spot on the team.

No comments: