Friday, March 9, 2007

"My" First House

Okay, so enough with the whining. It's cool to be here and visit places that are familiar, but unfamiliar at the same time. Like this house -- my first home. Okay, so not really "mine," but the first house I lived in after I was born. I remember it like it was yesterday. Just kidding. Anyway, this was the first house my parents bought. It's just outside Hamburg in a little town called Siek, about five minutes away from where my grandparents (mom's side) used to live. It's a duplex and we lived on the left. We moved to London a short while later, but it's cool to imagine my first year and a half of life in this house, together with the little Nins and mom and dad. Nins used to play with the neighbor down the street, Sveny (he now goes by the more adult "Sven") -- remember, Nins? :) I don't know what I did. Whatever infants do.

I drove by this house today with my mom, as we were in the neighborhood visiting a close family friend (Tante Reni). It was a nice morning in Reni's second-floor kitchen, listening to her stories, enjoying a late breakfast, and sharing in life. It's good to be here. It really is. (See, I just needed to get the negativity out of my system.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JuJu Bran, I mean Bean!
Yes, it is hard sometimes or more times than naught, but who knows, you may meet your best friend, imporve your German and find your soul mate...or at least date your first German boyfriend! See the dividends are many :)

You are doing great!

Ajay said...

What a cute house! Sounds like you're doing just fine, dear friend, and things will only get easier over time. Missing you over here!