Monday, March 26, 2007

Family Ties

My mom and I took a 1.5 hour train ride to Berlin to visit Nins Beans, who was in town for work, and other family members. To occupy ourselves on the trip eastward, we took some pictures of us gazing out the window:

Here 's me, pretty tired after a night on the town and the time change, but still smiling.

And here's mom in the identical pose. See the resemblance? :)

Once in Berlin, Mom, Nins, and I spent the afternoon with our cousin Marc and his lovely, small family. Five year old Frederick was pretty sick with a fever that required a cold, wet washcloth be applied to his forehead.But he soon felt better after a good story about farming read by his two second cousins. (Is that what we are?)
So good, in fact, that he took us to the park and showed us around the cool playground.

It was a beautiful day -- weather was great, spending a few hours with Nina was really nice (just too short!), and our cousin and his family were wonderful hosts. Get better soon, Freddie!

4 comments:

vixen said...

that's definitely a better playground than i've ever been on!

Jenny said...

That is awesome that Nina was able to visit! Looks like you had a great time. Also, as your favorite fasion commentator, nice pants-in-the-boots look!! Are those skinny jeans you are wearing?

I wish I had someone to go shopping with here...

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Juls and Jennifer,
Our little 4 i/2 year old nephew actually called Juls a cowboy because of the jeans in pants look! :) Juls is pretty fashionable I must admit!

Great pics Juls and it was fun to see you!

Love, Nins

julia said...

Yes, I finally bought into the "skinny jeans tucked into the boots" look. (I'm always a little late with catching on to the fashion trends.) Too bad it was recognized as the "cowboy look" by Frederick and the "80s look" by Nina...guess I need to work on it. :) Jenny, you'll always be styling with your "Ton in Ton." :)
Gotta say, the playground was the best one I've ever been on.