Sunday, March 18, 2007

Nothing Compares to You

A guy in my class had a party this weekend, so I went. (Is this great writing or what?) It was mostly his friends from marching band and otherwise, but three of us from school showed up:

Frenchman Maxim and the youngest one in the class, Lara.

Now Maxim with the oldest one in the class.
And here's me with the host, Nils.

During the course of the evening, the question about my age arose and I sheepishly let the cat out of the bag. Meow! Otherwise, it was a good first party -- mostly just hanging out, talking, drinking (not me, I was driving), smoking (cigarettes. And no, people (aka Kim and Rudd), I do not smoke! :)), and listening to Jack Johnson.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I am so proud of you for going to the party!! Is that shirt from ATLoft -- I have the same one ;)

Love,
J-Ho

Anonymous said...

It was so nice of them to invite the geriatrics to the class party! Did you introduce them to Sinead O'Connor and regale them with stories about how you had to walk to school up hill, both ways, with no shoes on in the snow? Ah the horrors of growing up in the 80's.
jojo

julia said...

I shared stories about my youth; how I overcame the challenges of spandex, perms, and neon bracelets; and talked about the social security crisis. No, but seriously, mostly I just smoked. :)
PS: Yep, the shirt is from ATLoft. :)