Thursday, March 15, 2007

Morning Math

Some basic math that helps me get through the day. Try this early in the morning:

Celsius/Farenheit
F = C*1.8 + 32
C = (F - 32) / 1.8
(Today the radio DJ announced it was 13 degrees Celsius. Since this has practically no meaning to me, I could either do the above equation -- which, in this case, results in roughly 55 degrees Farenheit -- OR I could step outside and take it from there. Because seriously, who wants to do math early in the morning?)

Kilometers/Miles
1 km =.62 miles
(That 5K race you run is 3.1 miles. So, if someone tells me that the place I need to go to is 7 km from the train station, well, this conversion helps me gauge the distance a bit better.)


Kilos/Pounds
1 kg = 2.2 lbs.
(So if I'm at the gym and am supposed to be using 15 lb weights, I grab the 7 kg dumbbells...or the 6 kg, depending on how ambitious I am. :) Boys, no laughing.)

No comments: