Friday, May 18, 2007

Thanks, Mom!

Mother's Day was on Sunday and I've been remiss about writing about the special occasion. My mom has been especially supportive over the last few months and I certainly wouldn't be "going deutsch" without her. Her practical help with settling in to Germany has been invaluable, her continual encouragement and optimism lifts my spirit and pushes me towards my goals, her corrections improve my German, her patience with me is appreciated, and her tips make sure I wear socks on days that are chilly and eat my fruits and vegetables. It was an especially sweet Mother's Day that I could be here to thank and honor her in person this year. A belated happy mother's day to all the moms out there and the children you serve. To several friends who've lost their moms, I am thinking about you and know your moms are proud of the wonderful people you are. To the mother's-to-be, a new adventure and special role await.

No comments: