Thursday, November 15, 2007

Puffy Coat in Full Effect

While I was able to boast about the wonderful long daylight hours during the summer, I can now moan that dusk is around 5pm and it's pitch black by 6. But I guess it's only fair. (And by the way, the fair does not only come around once a year here in Hamburg. They build it up for our enjoyment four times annually. But I digress.)

The days have not only gotten shorter, but also colder, as demonstrated by the resurrection of the puffy coat. I first got the puffy coat back in February and wearing it again reminds me of the passage of time, the seasons beginning once again, and as the Lion King/Elton John would sing, the Circle of Life.

Here I am wearing the puffy coat in Frankfurt with Ajay (who, if I may suggest, was not as equipped for the dropping temperatures :)). But, anyway, we had a good time nonetheless. Hakuna Matata.

1 comment:

Ajay said...

It was a good time! Really appreciate your going out of the way to meet me there. It was indeed colder than I'd anticipated (it even snowed a bit my last day), but I enjoyed every minute of it!