Sunday, November 4, 2007

I'll Tell You What I Want, What I Really, Really Want

A week ago I was sitting in a hair salon noticing that I actually might look my age (gasp!). I'm also noticing how ridiculous it is that I just showed the stylist a homemade collage of Posh Spice pictures as a show-and-tell of how I would like my hair cut.

Despite my visual cues, I don't think my haircut is exactly Victoria Beckham. Nonetheless, it's not bad.

A few days later I'm at a cafe and the woman who owns it, a family acquaintance, notices my new do and proclaims it so "American." I am not sure what is American about it, but her statement seems to be an open invitation for other customers to comment on my hair. So a woman starts to look. And says..."well, I think it's more British than American. Victoria Beckham is starting this trend." She continues rambling about how America proclaims everything British as their own, but I am just amazed that maybe my haircut is kind of like Posh. Rock on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When do we get to see pics of your new hair cut??

Jenny :)

Ajay said...

Your hair looks fabulous, Juls. :)