Thursday, April 26, 2007

How YOU doin'?

When people answer the phone in Germany, instead of saying "hello," they say their last name. Since there are two Neubauers in our household and there's been some confusion, I answer the ringing telly with my full name. Of course I say it using the German pronunciation, because, hey, this is Germany. So, it sounds roughly like: Yool-y-ah Noy-bow-ah.
When Nina calls she pretends like she didn't hear me and makes me say it again. When Quasim called he said I sounded "so German" (or something like that).
Anyway, so the other day I answered the phone as normal, but I guess I said "Julia" really fast, so it sounded like "You-ya." Nina was on the other end, waiting to ask me how I was, and she in turn said "How You-ya?" It was funny. It doesn't sound funny now as I type it, but you gotta trust me on this one. Nins, it was funny, right? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was very funny You-yah!