Thursday, February 8, 2007

Not Exactly DC's YMCA

I started exploring a bit (as you can tell from yesterday's pictures of the Rathaus; the harbor; my lunch, a bratwurst; and a shout out to B with the boutique down the street from where I live). I'll make an effort to identify photos next time, to give you a better idea of what you are looking at.

I've also been doing life stuff like opening a bank account (turns out I had an extra 250 Euros in a previous account -- score!), looking for a cell phone, and finding a gym.

The gym recommended to me was Elixia. It's a little farther away and a lot more swank than I'm used to after belonging to the Y a few blocks from my Dupont Circle apartment. It's housed in an old factory building (see photo below) and includes a pool, a few saunas, massage, lunch bar, tanning salon, and oh yeah, workout stuff. I think it'll do. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

juls,

That's where I worked out my first three months in Germany when I didn't know anyone!

We should try to keep each other accountable to going to the gym.

julia said...

Nins, is that you? :) I can't imagine it's anyone else. Yes, let's keep each other accountable to going. I went today, so you're it.

vixen said...

that's totally swank and puts my wsc to shame!