Sunday, July 15, 2007

--

Hope everyone had a good weekend and is off to a good start to the week. We had a solidly sunny weekend for the first time in over a month, and it finally felt like summer. With a hurt toe (long story), I worked at the cafe, finished some projects for school, and spent time with the family.

Sunday we went to our Tante Reni's place in Hoisdorf (a small town about an hour outside of the city and where my grandparents used to live) for spargel (asparagus) soup. Here's us:


My love for Nutella surpasses any and all food rules, so a natural companion to the spargel soup was:I was also introduced to these "chocolate sandwich slices" which is basically like putting a chocolate candy bar on a piece of bread. And I'm not saying that in a bad way.

3 comments:

vixen said...

mmmm...chocolate sandwich slices.
i can TOTALLY get behind that!

heatherkayvdh said...

Brad said to make sure I checked out this entry--b/c I have a real Nutella problem; that is the most addictive food ever! Even my puppy recognizes the Nutella jar when it comes out of the cabinet & does a little dance. Miss you-- Heather xoxox

julia said...

Ha! Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a Nutella addiction. They must put something in there. :)

And yeah, you could get behind the chocolate sandwich slices. Trust me. :)