Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Food, Glorious Food

Before I flew to DC I made a list of things I wanted to do while in the States. Surprisingly, a majority of these items dealt with food. I am happy to say that I satisfied all my indulgences, and often more than once:

Julia's Empanadas: Krystal, Melissa, Ajay, Anand and Nan all helped me scarf down saltenas on two different occassions. Yum.
Endless Chips and Salsa at any Mexican Joint: Nins and her friends shared these with me. I got my fair share. :)
Margaritas: Bettina, Amy, french fries, hamburgers, waterfront views, sunshine, and an ice cold margarita. Perfect.
Oreo McFlurry: Indulged on day 2 with Melissa and Krystal. (Then made my own at home with Anand's Oreo gift.)
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Baskin & Robbins: Twice with the beanheads. Delicious. (I should note I ate ice cream or some frozen delicacy every single day of my trip except one. Now that is dedication.)
Tryst Frozen Mocha: Tryst has the best frozen coffee drinks ever. Melissa would agree.
American Pancakes: Melissa and Krystal both helped me satisfy my morning sweet tooth.

Now I'm back on my "German" diet (though I am happy to report it still includes ice cream...just not every day). :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jewels! Your time in DC sounds like you had sooo much fun. M