Monday, July 7, 2008

I was filling out my Facebook profile today and under interests included some of my favorite artists. It reminded me how much I love and am inspired by the work of Andy Goldsworthy. He composes amazing stuff using natural materials:



All you guys in DC can see a sculpture of his is in the National Gallery of Art's East Wing. It doesn't resonate with me as much as his other work (maybe because it's in a gallery and not outdoors), but it's interesting nonetheless. There's also a great film documenting his work called "Rivers and Tides." A bunch of excerpts are on You Tube. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere...just got caught up!

1) Congrats on the potential designer job and the new place (looks like a great building)!

2) I like these works of art!

3) I'm around most of August...when are you in town?

Anonymous said...

oops...that was Anand in the previous comment.